The Senior Director, Connections Planning is an opportunity to oversee media strategy across a portfolio of leading brands on a tier 1 account, as well as leading and inspiring a team of planning professionals. You must think strategically and work collaboratively to create recommendations that deliver on client strategic goals and business objectives.
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media planning team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Lead 360-degree strategic thinking for overall media product, encouraging executions that deliver exceptional results.
- Ownership and responsibility for ensuring key client objectives met, active participation in client business planning meetings.
- Cultivate and strengthen client, agency, and media partner relationships at the senior level.
- Lead and develop a direct relationship with the client to become a strategic partner with an in-depth understanding of their business.
- Deliver inspiring, motivating, and persuasive presentations which bring creative ideas to life.
- Pursue organic growth opportunities and participate as required in new business presentations.
- Maintain industry relationships, participate on committees and organizations; keep abreast of issues and developments and new media opportunities.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes, methods, systems and/or services to better serve the client and agency.
- Lead and mentor a team of media professionals. Effectively communicate agency goals, manage workloads, provide ongoing performance feedback, support professional development goals and inspire great results.
- Produce and manage accurate billings and projections.
- Act as a thought leader – proactively bring forward client education and identify opportunities as appropriate.
- Drive collaboration and communication across Specialty Business Units (SBUs) and peer groups to inspire great work.
- Lead by example and play an active role in cultivating the culture of our organization.
- Ensure delivery against mandate outlined in scope of work.
- Ensure that all media plans meet client objectives with fully supported documentation, and that they adhere to the agency's values and philosophies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional or educational background in Marketing and/or Advertising would give leverage to this application.
- Executive level of related media, advertising, brand or marketing strategy/planning experience.
- History of developing positive on-going business relationships, focus on client service.
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of clients or total ownership of one large complex account with multiple lines of business.
- Proven experience delivering inspiring and persuasive presentations.
- Solutions oriented and approaches obstacles with creativity and resolve.
- Ability to manage complexity across multiple groups, clients and interagency partners.
- Active involvement in developing capabilities of direct report(s) and prioritizing and delegating work accordingly.
- Ability to develop and foster strong relationships and partnerships internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply knowledge and insights gained from research and reporting resources to media planning.
- Curiosity, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Independent thinker with highly developed organizational skills and solid attention to detail and accuracy.
- Understanding of media research tools (e.g. Clear Decisions, Vividata, Neilson) and media software (e.g. Prisma).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
UM is a global media agency committed to Futureproofing our clients’ businesses for the now and the next. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections. Our consultative approach and agile model, rooted in diversity, equity and belonging, drive better business outcomes for brands. As the leading global media network in Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of clients including the following in Canada: BMO, Sobeys, PokerStars, FanDuel, Johnson & Johnson, SkipTheDishes, Sony, Spotify and Hershey. UM is the number one agency in Canada, as ranked by RECMA, and the most awarded media agency at the Media Innovation Awards and CMA Awards for the past two years. For more information, please visit umww.ca.
What's in it for you?
• Generous paid time off with a minimum of 37 paid days off including vacation and monthly wellness days. We also have four-day long weekends, half-day summer Fridays, and meeting-free Friday afternoons year-round.
• A flexible hybrid work model that works for you.
• A focus on personal development with formal training opportunities, including mental health training and inclusion education for everyone.
• A chance to be part of and grow within a global network of agencies.
• The opportunity to contribute to our company culture by joining one of our many community-based employee groups, such as Black Employee Network, Girls on Fire, Hispanic or Latinx Alliance, Neuro Network, Pan-Asian Network, and Rainbow Lounge.
UM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, provincial, or municipal law.