The Addressable Strategist acts as a key liaison between Kinesso and our agency partners to build relationships and drive addressable solutions. This person will develop a deep, trusted understanding of client's business and their objectives. They will harvest actionable insights, use learnings, and propose strategic recommendations or innovative test and learn opportunities with a focus on delivering solutions. The Strategist will also strategise, plan, run simulations, create proposals, and oversee and be responsible for campaigns once theyre live, ensuring that they pace and deliver according to the client’s objectives as per the recommended proposals.
They will be able to articulate technical terms in a simple, client friendly manner. This person will lead and participate in weekly meetings, communicate and justify recommendations as well as conduct QBRs and confidently present to both internal and external groups. This person will also work closely with agency counterparts to ensure accounts are meeting or exceeding addressable spend/budget goals.
They will be considered a leader in the digital arena continually challenging internal, client and other agency partners to apply strong, dynamic, connected thinking in their approach to addressable strategy - also regularly educating clients with thought leadership pieces that inform them on the shifting media landscape. They will have an ability to manage multiple stakeholders across both physical and virtual spaces and are able to follow projects/campaigns from conception to execution.
Previous hands on digital planning experience is required, while digital performance & DSP trading experience across social and addressable platforms and a strong knowledge of data capabilities is a bonus. In addition, knowledge of inventory, tech partners and publishers across Malaysia is preferred. Otherwise, a working understanding of digital media, performance, programmatic, DSP capabilities and digital planning experience is essential. Experience with DMP’s, Analytics, DCO and reporting automation/data visualisation is preferred but not essential.
You will work closely with internal stakeholders across Kinesso, UM, Initiative, MAGNA, other local and regional teams and wider IPG business units. The role may require some client facing time (although this will mainly be managed by the agency), you will be required to have an ability to showcase and demonstrate subject matter expertise both at a micro (partner capabilities) and macro (new opportunities, etc.) level. You will establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders and our tech, data and publisher partners to help drive and progress our strategic partnerships and ensure we are offering the latest capabilities for our clients.
CLIENT AND ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT:
• Act as a key and trusted liaison between Kinesso and our agency partners and clients.
• Owns the execution and day-to-day management of a portion of a client assignment, based on specialized or technical knowledge, and acts as a liaison between the client, planning team and internal operations to bring the planning, strategy and the execution elements together.
• Develop a deep understanding of client's business and their objectives, to be able to develop addressable campaign strategies, run simulations, and build and create proposals that contain holistic digital media recommendations that answer clients briefs and objectives accurately, with a high attention to detail.
• Comfortable with a client or senior stakeholder-facing role, including excellent communication, presentation and influence skills. Able to articulate technical terms in a simple, client friendly manner.
• Attend client meetings, presentations and briefing sessions where required.
• Help educate agency/clients on addressable strategy, capabilities and best practices.
• Ability to evaluate ad tech partners and recommend the best tools and features for a particular scope, whilst remaining agnostic as new opportunities arise; has experience and industry knowledge to identify vendors for key needs
• Involved in vendor selections and scopes.
• Liaise between the campaign management team and other key internal groups on each account (marketplace, research/analytics, operations) to ensure client needs are being met
• Support training of all aspects of planning and audience reporting, use of research tools, as well as the development of writing and presentation skills
• Identifies and delivers new audience-based addressable solutions to drive business growth; champions growth addressable initiatives across the company
TEAM MANAGEMENT ( if applicable):
• Mentor and coach your direct reports, overseeing their training, and personal development plans.
• Set clear expectations and career pathing by providing feedback and helping to manage their workloads in order to them to be able to maintain a high level of performance and growth.
• Responsible for managing workflow, delegation and deliverables across stakeholders and client patch.
• Support and contribute to wider corporate culture initiatives within the company.
• Meet regularly with marketplace to stay updated on new offerings & opportunities - Proactively schedule time with vendor partners to hone knowledge of capabilities, methodologies, and advanced optimization techniques to surface new opportunities
• Working with activation team, identify and propose recommendations for new test and learn opportunities, proposing solutions and innovations aligned to clients objectives.
• Client satisfaction on addressable recommendations, and achieving media / campaign objectives and client KPIs.
• 360 feedback on collaborating with the internal stakeholders & client team.
• Recommendations that are realised and translated into best practise.
• High level of accuracy with limited errors.
• Growth in key accounts and increased uptake of addressable capabilities
• Contribution to the culture and identity of Kinesso and IPG Mediabrands Malaysia.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Min 2 - 4 years experience in digital media planning.
• Effective communication with clients and colleagues with an ability to communicate and present addressable strategy and solutions with ease and confidence.
• Strong interpersonal and people management skills both internally and with client.
• High level of understanding of addressable capability across the digital ecosystem
Mediabrands Job Description 2023
• Hands on past experience with setting up and optimization of campaigns on addressable platforms preferred, if not at least experience in navigating platforms a must
• Sound experience with digital media planning and account servicing, preferable in addressable/biddable; if not digital media
• Strong presentation skills excel skills, data visualisation, charting and analysis.
• Team Player, ability to delegate and stakeholder management.
• Ability to work as an individual as part of a broader team of addressable experts.
• Professionalism; accountable, dependable with a commitment to quality.