Initiative is different to other media agencies.
Initiative unlocks business growth for the world’s most ambitious brands. We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different. When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow. Initiative builds Fame & Flow for brands like Nike, Amazon, Merck, LEGO, and T-Mobile.
Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability. Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
The Associate, Communications Design is an entry-level position that plays an important role in the media planning process. In this role, you will learn the fundamentals of media planning and how to leverage media to help deliver on our client’s business objectives. The ideal candidate is an energetic and proactive problem-solver who is detail-oriented and has an unmatched passion for the advertising industry. In this critical role, you will support the planning team in partnering with the world’s leading brands and learn from industry leaders at a top media agency.
Client Service and Stewardship
- Gain understanding of client business and best practices in client service excellence
- Develop ability to translate data points into insights that will help substantiate recommendations against business goals
- Support the team in managing client requests in a timely manner
Industry, Agency, and Team Expectations
- Support new business needs as required
- Participate in departmental projects as requested
- Attend and participate in brainstorming sessions within the agency to generate creative & compelling ideas
- Exhibit a curiosity of the media ecosystem and develop a perspective on trends and opportunities that could be leveraged by the agency
- Maintain professional decorum and build positive rapport with others both internally and externally
- Assist team with developing media planning briefs and media recommendations
- Compile research data to help ensure that client campaigns are reaching intended audiences
- Develop a mastery of syndicated research sources, planning tools, and media math
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to develop consumer insights and budget allocations
- Develop and maintain the accuracy of tactical components of media plans such as flow charts, spreadsheets, and budget summaries
- Collaborate with internal and cross-functional teams to ensure that projects are on track and deliverables are accurate
- Proactively keep up to date with media and technology trends
- Develop strategic POVs (point of views) of media partner offerings and technology as it relates to client objectives
- Learn how campaign reporting and analysis is done
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Works well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization skills, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
- Ability to be a flexible team player
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together..
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are – your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you’d be a great addition to the team but don’t have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 to $50,000 Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Initiative, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodation may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Initiative, please email [email protected].
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.