The role of a Buyer, Investment is to prepare, negotiate and document the execution of client’s media buys within their buying group, as well as prepare or assist the Supervisor/Manager in preparing all written documentation for the Planner or Client (e.g.: pre-buy/post-buy reports, media evaluations/recommendations, and other pertinent documentation). This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media investment team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Negotiate media campaigns directly with sales representatives.
- Purchase all assigned media to campaign parameters.
- Request submissions for upcoming campaigns from media partners.
- Develop a media schedule that satisfies campaign parameters and brand objectives.
- In partnership with the media planning team address market concerns, timing, and brand attribution.
- Prepare and present pre-buy and post-buy reports.
- Upload media buys and track changes with a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible for solving and clearing billing discrepancies/queries and managing the budget control report (BCR) in a timely manner.
- Execute all relevant revisions to the media buy. Negotiate compensation as required.
- Ensure clear communication with the planning teams (e.g. involvement in briefs).
- Assist the Senior Buyer on the evaluation or cost value analysis of sponsorships and integrations and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Explore promotional or value-added opportunities where applicable.
- Proactively advise the team of any variations to execution of media plans.
- Assist with training junior employees on tools and processes.
- Assist with the preparation of media POVs.
- Prepare market analyses.
- Conduct third party audits as required.
- Continue to proactively develop knowledge of the media landscape.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience – University/College degree in advertising/marketing preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience within the media industry with proven buying experience.
- Driven desire to develop and excel in a media career.
- Client service oriented. Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent ability to manage and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to work well and multi-task.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient with media research tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
UM is a global media agency committed to Futureproofing our clients’ businesses for the now and the next. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections. Our consultative approach and agile model, rooted in diversity, equity and belonging, drive better business outcomes for brands. As the leading global media network in Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of clients including the following in Canada: BMO, Sobeys, PokerStars, FanDuel, Johnson & Johnson, SkipTheDishes, Sony, Spotify and Hershey. UM is the number one agency in Canada, as ranked by RECMA, and the most awarded media agency at the Media Innovation Awards and CMA Awards for the past two years. For more information, please visit umww.ca.
What's in it for you?
• Generous paid time off with a minimum of 37 paid days off including vacation and monthly wellness days. We also have four-day long weekends, half-day summer Fridays, and meeting-free Friday afternoons year-round.
• A flexible hybrid work model that works for you.
• A focus on personal development with formal training opportunities, including mental health training and inclusion education for everyone.
• A chance to be part of and grow within a global network of agencies.
• The opportunity to contribute to our company culture by joining one of our many community-based employee groups, such as Black Employee Network, Girls on Fire, Hispanic or Latinx Alliance, Neuro Network, Pan-Asian Network, and Rainbow Lounge.
UM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, provincial, or municipal law.