UM is a global media agency committed to Futureproofing our clients' businesses. We leverage the transformational power of rich business analytics and real-time intelligence to maximize growth and activate the full consumer journey across content and connections. As the leading global media network in IPG Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with more than 3,000 people innovating on a roster of global clients including Accenture, American Express, GoPro, Johnson & Johnson, Levi Strauss & Co, Mattel, Sony, and Spotify. UM is globally headquartered in New York, with North American offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Birmingham, Detroit, Montreal, and Toronto.
At UM, we know our employees are our greatest asset. We are committed to fostering a culture rooted in Diversity, Equity & Belonging, where everyone feels they belong, and their contributions are valued. We prioritize personal and professional growth, encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to pursue passion projects, and celebrate our people and community with moments of joy and spontaneity. Our leadership is dedicated to building a culture of care that permeates every element of the company from work flexibility to career planning to regular talent reviews, and more. Our DNA, for UM, helps guide us in all that we do:
Fearless: We bring our authentic selves to work and put our whole selves into the work
Optimistic: We approach challenges with empathy and curiosity, infusing joy into everything we do
Relentless: We’re unwavering in our pursuit of the right solution, eager to reimagine what’s possible
Unified: We band together to accomplish what we could not otherwise do alone
Masterful: We’re constantly growing in our craft, setting new standards for our industry and our world
We are proud to be named an AdAge Best Place to Work several times over, a Top Workplace in the US by Great Places to Work, a top 10 FORTUNE 2022 Best Workplaces in Advertising & Marketing and She Runs It’s 2021 Outstanding Company for Working Mothers. But feedback is most meaningful when it comes from our own people: over 90% of our employees say the agency is a great place to work and 95% say they are proud to work at UM.
The Vice President, Analytics will manage UM’s analytics relationship with clients. A successful candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, can engage clients in economic insights, and can drive strategic thinking into client marketing solutions.
We drive a new system of working that puts data, analytics, and technology at the core of every media planning decision. You will be engaged throughout all studies in overseeing data collection, determining analytical approach, results interpretation, and generating data-driven insights and optimization opportunities to solve business problems and challenges. This position is critical in hands-on delivery of studies and provision of actionable insights and recommendations to drive high client satisfaction.
Will act as a key interface for clients and will work closely with Account Management and Mediabrands data & technology teams to ensure projects are aligned to client business goals and strategy.
- Data Extraction, Transformation & Loading
- Data Quality & Hygiene
- Holistic business performance reporting & dashboarding
- Bridging the planning target to Audiences that we can buy/reach with media
- Audience measurement within and across channels
- Media measurement vendor evaluation, contracting & budget management
- Cross Channel Response Analytics & Media Plan Optimization
- In Channel Response Attribution Analytics & Investment Plan Optimization
- Team and people management
- New Business Development support
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of digital eco-system and industry reporting tools such as Social Media Monitoring (e.g. NetBase, Sysomos), 1st Party (e.g. CRM), 3rd Party (e.g. Blue Kai, Adobe DMP), Digital Ad Server (e.g. DCM, Atlas) & Site Served, Website Analytics (e.g. Omniture, Web Trends)
- Strong understanding of the US data and ad tech ecosystem essential, with a focus on Media (e.g. impression, GRP, CPV, etc.), Measurement analytics, Quantitative business measures (LTV, ROI, Effectiveness, etc.), and Statistics (Correlations, sample sizing, t-value VIF etc.)
- Experience with Tableau or PowerBI or any other dashboarding & data visualization tool is desirable
- Previous experience in a performance marketing environment
- Familiarity with advanced analytic techniques, such as multivariate regression analysis, predictive modelling, logistic regression, factor analysis, sales forecasting, attribution, agile testing, market mix and ROI measurement, data visualization, simulation and optimization
- UM does not require candidates to have a college degree
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years in Media Analytics and/or Audience Research
- Collaboration, including ability to drive clarity in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong project management skills and the ability to simultaneously lead multiple ongoing project streams
- Advanced critical thinking skills in using data and analysis to develop logic-driven point of views and insights
- Strong communication skills to convert complex analytical processes into easily digestible messaging, both verbally and in writing and with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in helping clients take concrete action based on analytics and data
- Demonstrated success in managing analytical, commercial, and emotional elements of a client relationship
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together..
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are – your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you’d be a great addition to the team but don’t have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected].
About IPG Mediabrands
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.