IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.
As Associate Director, Communications Design you are the orchestrator of the Communications Plan, and all its detail. Working with the Director, Communications Design, you oversee the translation of the idea approach into the detailed communications architecture and connected plan, the brand will take to market, tied to culture.
Your role is to curate every detail to create powerful experiences for your client’s brands in market, aligned to the strategy and idea. With strong expertise gained from 4+ years’ experience in an experience planning role (media, content, digital), you have a strong understanding of how communications work in today’s dynamic communications landscape. You think about how ideas work, and what the right vehicles and tactics are to make them spread. You are digitally savvy, and are able to use new technologies, platforms and approaches to give our ideas the right push to create cultural conversation.
As the Associate Director, Communications Design, you will help to manage the delivery of next generation plans. You will work with the Specialty Business Units, and creative partners to design the right tactics for the idea. You will work with strategic audience experts on the right high value audiences to meet the brief. You will work with growth analytics to guide the appropriate high-level communications goals required to deliver the business outcomes. You will work with partnerships to identify and vet the short-list of the right channels and partners for the task, you help to make the strategic direction and idea a reality. With this knowledge to hand, you will work with your team to smartly develop the most effective, dynamic ecosystem and budget allocation recommendation to power the idea.
· Responsible for the development of the detailed communications plan to power the idea
· Together with Director, Communications Design present the Connections Design holistic approach to the relevant stakeholders
· Manage the outputs of day-to-day requirements and workflow of the client as it relates to Communications Design
· Responsible for presentation of client education program around Communications Design relevant marketplace trends.
· Responsible for the management and training of design team in communications planning fundamentals
· Responsible for the best practice application of planning approach including key tools and techniques to surface media and marketing intelligence and insights to produce an impactful, culturally rich communications plan across owned, earned, shared, paid (OESP)
· Write and manage outputs from RFP submissions from the Design discipline, in collaboration with Partnerships leads
· Contributor to client Key Performance Indicator (KPI) delivery
· Contributor to Specialty Business Units (SBU) growth and client profitability
· Contributor to new business as required
Required Skills & Experience
· Experience in an integrated planning role in media, publisher / vendor, or communications discipline (digital, content)
· Ability to delegate and oversee direct reports
· Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues, and vendors
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
· Strong time-management and organizational skills
· Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
· 6+ years relevant experience with 3+ years managing or developing staff
· Category or audience experience as relevant per assignment
· Proven problem-solving ability
· Ability to work successfully within a team, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together..
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are – your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you’d be a great addition to the team but don’t have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected]