IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.
The ideal candidate for Accounting Manager will have 4+ years of accounting/auditing experience working with revenue accounting. Candidates who have earned their CPA, have GAAP knowledge, and thrive in a fast paced environment would be the best fit. The complexity and success of our business will provide a challenging opportunity with a variety of tasks, critical thinking, and opportunities in decision making.
- Oversee the revenue recognition for global accounts led out of North America and certain other revenue transactions, ensuring that it’s in compliance with GAAP/ASC 606 and Company policy
- Support Revenue Controllers Team with monthly close process and revenue transaction documentation
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Review of estimates under ASC 606
- Review and analyze client agreements or other persuasive evidence of arrangements to determine proper revenue recognition
- Communicate revenue recognition guidance to any participating markets around the world and manage related reporting portal
- Work with Client Finance Directors to ensure client agreements are received and calculated on a timely basis
- Work with Controllers team as necessary to ensure revenue is in balance with sister agencies
- Support quarterly, interim, and year-end SOX and Financial Statement audits and reviews as necessary
- Manage revenue accountant(s)
- Assist as necessary with review and testing of key controls and accounts for our North American agencies
- Provide analysis and related commentary on Working Capital quarterly movement
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years’ work experience (public accounting experience preferred)
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience (CPA strongly preferred)
- Experience managing staff
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc.
- Hyperion experience a plus
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together..
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are – your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you’d be a great addition to the team but don’t have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected]