IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.
Orion Worldwide is a global media company that generates value for our business partners. As the industry has evolved over the past two decades, so have we — expanding our global reach and product offering to deliver value for the world’s best brands, across nearly every category. The very best ideas are developed by people with diversity of background, thought and experience working together to develop customized solutions that best address our partners’ needs. A five-time winner of “Most Inclusive Climate” at the IPG Inclusion Awards, we scale our recruiting efforts beyond the traditional advertising candidate pool to find people who possess the passion, innovative thinking and collaborative skills needed to achieve our business goals and assist in cultivating a culture in which we can all be proud.
The ideal candidate for Accounting Manager will have at least 5 years of experience in public accounting/audit. Candidates who have earned their CPA, have GAAP knowledge, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment would be the best fit. The complexity and success of our business will provide a challenging opportunity with variety of task, critical thinking and opportunities in decision-making. The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller.
- Responsible for general ledger accountability and financial reporting
- Initiate, manage and maintain finance projects as well as day to day financial operation
- Partner with Finance team on proper execution of barter and investment deals including assessing FMV on assets, investment amortization, trade credit utilization and recognition of remarketing revenue
- Assist in the management of local Sarbanes Oxley controls and IPG standard policies & procedures
- Provide financial analysis and month-end reporting support to CFO and Controller
- Support Controller with monthly close process including timely preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements and supporting work papers
- Ensure revenue recognition is in compliance with GAAP
- Facilitate all external and internal audit reviews
- Manage intercompany process with sister agencies
- Monitor cash collections and reserve accounts
- Oversee client set-up and billings process
- Oversee vendor set-up and payment process
- Identify cost savings projects, including meeting and brainstorming with department heads on efficiency and productivity
- Manage team of accountants
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA is preferred, but not required
- 5+ years of experience in a Public Accounting, Internal Audit or within an accounting/finance department, or
- Minimum 3 years in Public Accounting with demonstrated accomplishments/progress
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi task
- High integrity
- A self-starter
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with problem solving skills
- The individual will be expected to work independently and also be able to collaborate with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, problem solve, and deliver results
- Thorough understanding of GAAP is required
- Candidate must be proficient with MS Office products such as Excel, Power Point, and Access
- SAP & Hyperion experience preferred
- Revenue experience preferred
- Media experience is a plus
The Orion Experience
- Hybrid work schedule that promotes life/work integration
- Unlimited time off, monthly wellness days, winter break and employee appreciation week office closures
- Well-being at work: monthly reimbursement for expenses to fuel your mind, body, and pocket
- Generous parental leave, up to 20 weeks fully paid
- A supportive culture rooted in our foundational values of empowerment and empathy
- A focus on your development and offer training sessions, career mapping, workshops, and global mentorship program
- An environment that promotes open conversation and idea sharing through a variety of forums, community talks, and accessible leadership
- Employee-led resource group that plays a key role in shaping Orion’s culture of belonging and ensuring that employees can thrive
- Charitable and volunteer efforts that are employee-led through Orion Gives Back
- Weekly “Community Day” that includes breakfast, lunch, and engagement events
- Onsite gym facility and free/subsidized café
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s OK! At Orion, we value a variety of perspectives and experiences and believe in transferrable skillsets. If you’re excited about this role but not certain it’s a match, we encourage you to apply!
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together..
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are – your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you’d be a great addition to the team but don’t have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected].