Matterkind is the company within Kinesso focused on activating addressable marketing. Matterkind’s approach is to put the audience at the forefront of everything we do, creating marketing that is relevant for people while still delivering results for brands. This is something Matterkind calls conscious marketing, and we believe it should be the only kind of marketing. We also believe you can be conscious and kind while delivering outcomes, which is why we create intentional, high-performance marketing that delivers guaranteed outcomes and results without risk.
The Addressable Activation department serve as Matterkind’s hands-on-keyboard platform experts, focusing on all aspects of successful campaign execution and stewardship. The Director is accountable for the performance & pacing of their assigned brand(s) and customizes departmental standards & process to fit client needs. They act as a point of escalation and are the go-to experts both internally and externally for matters of complex setup, optimization, and platform nuances. Successful applicants must have a deep expertise across a variety of client KPIs and buying platforms. Examples include DV360, Adwords, The Trade Desk, Roku, Vistar, Facebook, Snapchat, etc. A history of team management/mentorship and a comfort with internal/external-facing communication are a must!
- Has accountability for the performance and business results of multiple client accounts; leads account decisions, strategies and thought leadership, budget spending and staffing for region
- Tactically manages multiple teams of subordinate managers; has responsibility for hiring, performance appraisals, coaching and career development
- Establishes and monitors standards, processes, and communications; develops departmental plans, business, and/or organizational priorities
- Decisions are guided by client objectives
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior members of the account
- Customer/Client Management: Owns full IPG relationships for clients across all lines of business; serves as the first point of escalation in client issues
- Vendor Relationship Management: Approves vendor selections and scopes; oversees the team meeting with vendors; brings own expertise to vendor selection; negotiates with vendors to ensure best pricing and terms
- Discipline–Specific Tasks: Provides thought leadership to account team on tech selection, campaign architecture, audience strategies, and optimization approach; serves as primary point of contact for assigned clients; accountable for the success of cross-channel addressable client campaigns
- Platform Reporting: Organizes and presents reporting for internal leadership, agency partners, and clients (e.g. quarterly account reviews, campaign wrap-ups and case studies, etc.)
- Solutions Innovation: Provides proactive contribution to clients' business growth by identifying new business opportunities; develops long-term solutions for clients including custom data management solutions and data solutions
Required Skills & Experience
- Problem Solving: Anticipates, recognizes and clearly defines problems using various techniques to systematically analyze, weigh alternatives and propose solutions (Expert)
- Relationship Management: Managing existing business relationships, partnerships, and alliances internally and externally (Expert)
- Leadership Development: Seeking and curating new business relationships and/or solutions; developing solutions using new or existing processes; and building team leadership qualities and soft skills needed to manage up/down/laterally (e.g., ability to navigate and be effective with multiple personalities) (Advanced)
- Prioritization: Assesses and ranks issues and tasks in order of importance for taking action (Expert)
- Digital Media Systems and Tools: Knowledge of technology or measurement ad tech solutions, including platforms (Advanced)
- Data Analysis: (Intermediate)
- Collaboration: (Advanced/Expert)
- Project / Account Management (Advanced/Expert)
- Communication: (Advanced/Expert)
Competency/Technical Skill Proficiency Levels
- Intermediate: Applies a solid foundation to varying situations
- Advanced: Applies advanced knowledge and perceives deviations from the normal pattern
- Expert: Transcends reliance on rules, guidelines, and maxims; intuitive grasp of situations based on deep, tacit understanding
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together.
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are – your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you’d be a great addition to the team but don’t have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected].
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.