Initiative unlocks business growth for the world’s most ambitious brands. We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different.
When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow.
Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability.
Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
The Cultural Insight and Analytics (CIA) team in London is a group of 30+ specialists covering four principal areas of data and analytics: Business Intelligence, Audience & Data Strategy, Research & Insights and Advanced Analytics. The teams support client deliverables for UK clients, as well as Global and EMEA clients based out of the London hub.
The Business Intelligence EMEA team provides a critical role in providing our clients with access to clean, organized data, insightful visualisations and actionable insights. There has been significant growth in the Business Intelligence team in the last 12 months due to the increasing importance that Initiatives’ clients place on this area.
The Business Intelligence AD will be responsible for the technical delivery of projects across key clients in the EMEA hub.
This is a client-facing, technical role requiring hands-on experience of media data and infrastructure, with the expertise to understand client requirements, identify and design appropriate solutions and ensure successful delivery (with the support of the team director).
This role will be responsible for training and supporting more junior members of the BI team, successfully delegating (both up and down) to ensure timely and accurate delivery of projects, from data prep to dashboard visuals to generating insights.
An independent worker, this person will also enjoy collaborating with team members from the EMEA CIA hub, as well as with colleagues from other markets and other IPG agency partners. We are looking for someone who ‘gets’ numbers and enjoys using them to solve problems; they will constantly strive to make things more effective and more efficient.
- Communicate with stakeholders and clients to understand reporting and analytics requirements
- Challenge existing ways of working
- Design and define new solution requirements, with the BI Director
- ETL/ELT of data from various sources
- Drive efficiencies in how analytics services are delivered, through standardization and automation
- Data analysis and insights generation
- Ensure the ongoing success of projects through design and implementation of appropriate QA processes
- Manage multiple projects calmly and timely
- Contribution to the ongoing development of data systems
- Provide training and guidance to analysts in the team, and ensure high standards of work
- Line management of one to two data analysts
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in data science, analytics or similar, preferably in a media or agency environment
- Experience with SQL and/or Python. Strong Excel skills
- Experience with APIs
- Experience in data analysis and generating insights
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience managing junior team members
- Excellent numeracy and a problem-solving mindset
- Strong communication skills to effectively manage stakeholders (clients and internal)
- Experience of managing and delivering complex projects
- Degree in STEM or Economics or similar
- Experience of Tableau or other data visualisation tools
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience of GCP, Azure and/or AWS
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please reach out to our Talent Inclusion Specialist Jess at [email protected] if you would like to have a confidential conversation regarding any adjustments that would ensure our recruitment process is accessible for you. Please note requesting a reasonable adjustment will not affect your application.
We aim to provide all our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency. When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- Flexi–leave, with 25 days annual leave to be taken as minimum. In addition to your holiday entitlement, the office usually closes between Christmas & New Year
- Free breakfast and free lunch
- Early finish Fridays
- Core Hours (Mon-Thurs, flexible start/finish times)
- Retail discounts
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme, including Headspace & flu jabs
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Paid time off for Volunteering
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance or Health Cash Plan (dependent on level)
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 3-6%
- Generous Parental Leave & Pay
- Independent mortgage advice
- Financial education
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free eye tests
- Flexible benefits including Dental, Travel insurance, Cycle to Work, Gym Discounts and many more!