Initiative is different to other media agencies.
Initiative unlocks business growth for the world’s most ambitious brands. We believe in the power of media to reshape our industry and orchestrate a brand’s entire consumer experience, by balancing both what unites people and what makes them different. When brands unite people in culture, they build Fame, and when brands connect individuals to their unique journeys, they build customer Flow. Initiative builds Fame & Flow for brands like Nike, Amazon, Merck, LEGO, and T-Mobile.
Media responsibility is at the forefront of everything we do, whether it’s creating media plans that reflect the diversity of our communities, promote brand safety, and foster sustainability. Our agency celebrates diversity in an inclusive environment where all of our 6,000+ strong talent across 90+ markets feel seen, heard, and valued. Our vision is to create not only a better media company, but also a better media industry, and maybe even a better world.
The Associate Director, Video Partnerships is a high-level client team specialist role at Initiative, requiring strong leadership and managerial skills. The role involves strong knowledge of the video space and available media research and systems, ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time, and negotiating media partnerships. The Associate Director helps to lead the strategic direction and is tasked with being a marketing partner for the clients. The Associate Director is an expert on client’s business, and within the agency.
- Collaborate with Comms Design, Analytics and Client Advice and Management to ensure alignment with and delivery against client KPI’s
- Interact positively with clients to gain their trust and demonstrate value
- Identify synergistic and/or targeted opportunities on an on-going basis for clients to further drive their business
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Accountable for video plan output timeliness, accuracy, and overall excellence
- Instrumental in managing client’s media investment; responsible for smooth running of day-to-day activities
- Direct staff in the day-to-day activities of their group(s)
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and handles all personnel requirements for immediate staff including training and development
- Primary contact for Strategy, Comms Design and Analytics groups
- Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring and coaching their team
- Ensure that all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Provide partner selection recommendation and justification designed to deliver on client KPI’s using the most sophisticated use of data and analytics, via multi-faceted, cross-channel strategic partnerships, while delivering maximum strategic value and efficiency
- Develop processes and manage team to ensure superior in-flight stewardship, optimization, delivery and (cross-platform) post-analysis – but also able to free up more time for creative approaches to each client’s business
- Resolve major issues with media partners
- Prepare and deliver proposals to various audiences
- Provide Partnerships support for various New Business pitches including costs exercises
- Support and collaborate with all MB SBU’s for maximum effectiveness and seamless integration onto client business
- Support MAGNA aggregate negotiations across appropriate channels
Required Skills & Experience
- National broadcast media buying experience required with a demonstrated solid technical and negotiating skills
- Experience writing and delivering presentations
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Solid understanding of media data sources in terms of what is measured, the method, and information reported
- Fluent in mathematical concepts with an ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Knowledge of all media types
- Solid understanding of research tools
- Knowledge of buying, planning, client presentation and reporting
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Superior analytical abilities and quantitative skills, including math proficiency
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6+ years relevant experience including 3+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Able to successfully manage multiple full service accounts
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills
- Detailed awareness of client business issues, industry trends, consumer trends, promotional resources, market status, and competition
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
We See You
We embrace diversity, and our responsibility to maintain an inclusive environment is core to our culture and values. We see diversity of people and experiences as fuel for creativity and innovation needed to bring about the best experiences and services. A diverse workforce means we can grow together, be better problem solvers, and bring about long-term, meaningful change where we will achieve above and beyond our business goals. We are better together..
When you join Mediabrands, you join a global community and are valued for who you are – your lived experiences, the contributions you make, and the distinct perspectives you bring. Here, what you think and who you are is just as important as what you do. As we recruit, we are dedicated to looking beyond what a resume can show. If you think you’d be a great addition to the team but don’t have the exact experience or skills, we encourage you to apply and share your unique background with us. We see you at Mediabrands.
Wage and Benefits
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plans, flex spending, life insurance, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and paid family benefits to support you and your family. To give you the ability to better meet your personal needs, and in support of your physical and emotional well-being, you will receive discretionary time off days and company-wide Appreciation Weeks and Wellness Days.
We also offer a competitive Total Compensation package, including a competitive salary and eligibility for an annual discretionary incentive award or a relevant incentive award.
The salary range for this position is posted below. Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position, market considerations, budgetary considerations, tenure and standing with the Company (applicable to current employees), as well as the employee’s/applicant’s skill set, level of experience, and qualifications.
It is the policy of Mediabrands, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Mediabrands, please email [email protected].
IPG Mediabrands is the media and marketing solutions division of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). Mediabrands manages approximately $40 billion in marketing investment globally on behalf of its clients and provides strategic services and solutions across its award-winning, full-service agency networks UM and Initiative and through its innovative marketing specialist companies Reprise, Magna, Orion, Rapport, Healix, Mediabrands Content Studio and the IPG Media Lab. Mediabrands clients include many of the world’s most recognizable and iconic brands from a broad portfolio of industry sectors. The company employs more than 13,000 marketing experts in more than 130 countries representing the full diversity of humanity. For more information, please visit our website: www.ipgmediabrands.com.